Level 2 Qualification
The Skillsfirst Level 2 Functional Skills Qualification in English gives learners the opportunity to demonstrate the ability at an appropriate level to read, write, speak, listen and communicate in English, and to apply these skills effectively to a range of purposes in the workplace and in other real-life situations.
With a focus on spelling, punctuation and grammar, the qualifications has also been designed to enable learners to:
- listen, understand and make relevant contributions to discussions with others in a range of contexts
- apply their understanding of language to adapt delivery and content to suit audience and purpose
- read a range of different text types confidently and fluently, applying their knowledge and understanding of texts to their own writing
- write texts of varying complexity, with accuracy, effectiveness, and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- understand the situations when, and audiences for which, planning, drafting and using formal language are important, and when they are less important.
Achievement of these qualifications will allow learners to develop the knowlegde and skills to be able to communicate with confidence, effectiveness and with an increasing level of independence.
Guided learning hours:
2 days per week in classroom
plus home learning